A lot of professionals understand the value of LinkedIn, and there is a lot of interest in maximising output by automating time consuming tasks to balance LinkedIn time with the responsibilities of the day job.
But are LinkedIn automation tools a help or a hindrance?
There are a couple of things to consider to answer that question:
1. Have you got a clear process in place to manage your LinkedIn activity?
Business development is an increasingly tough job in B2B, with the continued growth of digital channels complicating the customer journey, anywhere you can forge direct, valuable relationships is worth your time – hence the popularity of LinkedIn.
Even in your role you’re probably asked to work with a number of different systems and tools, so having a solid process to help focus your time is crucial.
If you’re process is clear, and you understand your KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) or OKR (Objectives and Key Results) then you’ll know whether a LinkedIn automation tool is the right thing to accelerate your results.
2. How much legwork can the tool actually do for you?
There are a number of different LinkedIn automation tools out there on the market, however they vary greatly in terms of how much time they can actually save, and how secure they are – a serious consideration these days.
If you’re considering trying out LinkedIn automation and reviewing options, here are a few things to consider:
- Does the tool require you to manually install it or manage updates? You’re trying to save time – not lose it!
- Is the tool compliant with data privacy law? Especially GDPR – handling of personal data is under a lot of scrutiny at the moment.
- Does it handle the basics? Simple UI, metrics that matter, easy to understand reporting? Learning new tools takes time, learnability is important to pick up and play fast.
If you’re keen to try a tool that really does make your life easier – try Linda free for two weeks.